[T3] Heater hose

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Nov 20 07:57:03 PST 2012

On 20 Nov 2012 at 7:46, Mike Fisher wrote:

> www.aircraftspruce.com sells all different sizes of ducting.  I used some
> on an EMPI header to heater boxes hoses.

I've looked there and at McMaster-Carr, the problem is always the
same: Everyone sells this in 1/4" incremental diameters, and we need
2-3/8". Off hand, you'd think that you could buy 2.5" tube and just
tighten it down, but that requires closing down over 3/8" of
circumference, which makes for a pretty nasty crush at the ends.

I have some alum flex tubing from McMaster-Carr that I've not spent
any time trying yet. It may be the right diameter, but I'm not sure
it will collapse enough to get it installed. It seems really stiff.

I'll get around to that someday.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org