[T3] Heater hose

rheorojo@F rheorojo at frontier.com
Tue Nov 20 17:34:59 PST 2012

Yes basically I disassembled them. Removed the inner parts, ( insulation and spiral wound wire/spring ) measured the required length, cut the plastic shell to length, then cut the insulation and spring, reassembled it and inserted it as described. My recollection is that the shortest I could cut the shell was just enough to get a very snug fit. By slacking the transmission mount and lowering the engine I was able to work/fit the unit in place and then jack the engine back into the hangers and tighten everything back up. That was the only way I could figure out how to install them. The bellows part was a 2 piece system where one threaded into the other making disassembly easy and also allowed for compression and expansion I presume for easy installation on the bugs.
Tim