[T3] Heater Hose

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:12:06 PST 2012

Not exactly the VW problem/solution, but ...
years ago when we first started our motor home, vagabond saga, we
wanted to "hard pipe" the waste (gray and black) water into the RV
Park sewer.

The outlet from the motor home waste water tanks was a wee bit smaller
than the PVC that we could buy from the hardware or plumbing stores.

We cut a series (about 8) of 1" long slots in the "too big" PVC; slid
it over the "too small" outlet of the coach; tightened the kerfs down
with a geared, stainless steel band clamp and it never leaked.  And
that was ... ugh ... liquid.

If you're only dealing with air, I would think if it wasn't completely
tight, a little air loss, would not be a big concern.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)