[T3] Heater hose

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Tue Nov 20 21:09:22 PST 2012

On 11/21/12 12:57 AM, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 20 Nov 2012 at 7:46, Mike Fisher wrote:
>
>> www.aircraftspruce.com sells all different sizes of ducting.  I used some
>> on an EMPI header to heater boxes hoses.
> I've looked there and at McMaster-Carr, the problem is always the
> same: Everyone sells this in 1/4" incremental diameters, and we need
> 2-3/8". Off hand, you'd think that you could buy 2.5" tube and just
> tighten it down, but that requires closing down over 3/8" of
> circumference, which makes for a pretty nasty crush at the ends.
>
> I have some alum flex tubing from McMaster-Carr that I've not spent
> any time trying yet. It may be the right diameter, but I'm not sure
> it will collapse enough to get it installed. It seems really stiff.
>
> I'll get around to that someday.

I used some fairly rigid ducting from M-C and it fit really well. I'd
have to look up what size it was, but almost a perfect fit.
I cut it with a miter saw very slowly with an old carbide tipped blade.
I used Aircraft Spruce for smaller ones.

Here's a pic showing it.

http://s1165.beta.photobucket.com/user/bbottolfson/media/misc%20Fastback/13391141856434.jpg.html

-Brent