[T3] engine lid covers

alluringeyewear at comcast.net alluringeyewear at comcast.net
Sat Nov 10 04:20:19 PST 2012

Hey Dennis!  On my '73 fastback engine lid, I traced the old cover onto a piece of 1/8" hardboard like you would use on door panels, sanded and rounded over the edges and sprayed it a very light grey to try to match the old one.  I bought the decals only from Bert3, much, much cheaper.  Forgot, you have to cut out and drill the holes where the latches go.  After everything was done I used contact cement to glue it to the engine cover.  Scuff up the top of the lid for good adhesion.  Looks almost like the original!  I have dynamat on the bottom to soundproof and reflect the heat.  Hope this helps! Doug  '73 Fasty "Leilani"