[T3] Idle and Air....

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 10:48:28 PST 2012

About irregular idle on 71 (w/ 73 engine) FI Std....
   A new thing...a big clue probably.   I just fiddled with a few things...turning the manifold hose things to assure snugness...tightening up a few ground connections...etc...and low and behold a lot of the irregular idling went away....
  BUT....the engine was now idling too fast, so I tried to close up the idle adjustment screw a bit and found that it was already as far down as it can go...bottomed out !  ...and still the too-fast idle.  It was almost racing.

  Does this point to definite air leak somewhere in manifold...the big hoses, or the gaskets?
  Or is this about the Pressure Sensor? When I pulled off the hose, idle went down but was irregular.