[T3] Grateful

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Sat Nov 24 12:32:36 PST 2012

I am grateful for the legacy Russ left behind.  In the past three days I was able to get the 1969 Squareback running nearly perfect. At least in the driveway. The carburetors could not be set and it would not idle once warmed up.

Because of the Samba and Russ' comments and archives I was able to find the problems and make the necessary corrections. His details on the the 32PDSIT carburetors and linkage were invaluable.

Cleaned out the old sitting for six years carburetors. Adjusted their linkage as per Russ' specifications. Then the same for the throttle linkages. Started the car. Adjusted and balanced the carburetors. Everything else just fell into place.

So it with the utmost respect for a man I never met, that I lift my drink and thank him.

To Russ...

Brion S.
S. Utah