[T3] Flickering Oil Light

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 10:05:31 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/2/2012 12:37:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
j_jonik at yahoo.com writes:

So...question is...could it be that the oil
cooler may be a tad  sluggish after sitting in the yard, in the 73 car,
for about 8 or ten  years?   If so, would that cause oil light flicker?
Or,  what else might be suspect?

I think I would try the old oil pressure switch out of the "previous"
engine. It might be a lazy switch, or one that has a higher cut off pressure to
turn the light on. Keep in mind VW did make different switches with
different  pressure settings. I'd try that before swapping out the oil cooler.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)