[T3] E10

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Oct 5 05:05:41 PDT 2012

I suspect our Type 3s would even run on Vodka - but that's taxed here even
higher than petrol (gas).
Modern higher performance engines have electronics that allow for the fuel
quality.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club

One of the main parts of the electronics on these modern engines that are
flex fuel is a sensors in the fuel tank that tells the computer the
percentage of alcohol in the fuel so it can make timing and fuel adjustment
accordingly. They are other differences like the size of the injectors. It
is interesting that the type 3 FI can run on the E10 with no problem and it
wasn't even made for it.  I'm sure E85 would be a different story.

Dennis