[T3] Headliner and elbows

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 5 11:19:00 PDT 2012

On 5 Oct 2012 at 21:25, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> Hey Dennis.  I took a bunch of photos installing my $100 TMI headliner
> into my 69 Fastback.

That looks like a really nice job and truly illustrates how important
it is to have a BUNCH of spring clips of some kind to get everything
in order before you start gluing.

My only suggestion would be to leave off the vinyl pillar covers
until after the headliner is all done and glued.

> I took some flack from TheSamba crowd when I pulled it too tight and and
> the bows caused the middle section to have a downward hump in it.  But,
> after that I used a heat gun and stretched it out some more, and it
> turned out really nice.  I don't think I took photos after stretching
> though.

Really interesting that that works.

> Although it's not perfect, I'm pretty proud how nice it turned out for
> my first time doing a headliner.
>
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458662&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=420

Yes, you did a great job.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org