[T3] p/n 113 906 283 electric vacuum valve … anybody got one?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 14 09:45:12 PDT 2012

On 14 Oct 2012 at 11:22, Vern Creamer wrote:

> I need a "electric vacuum valve", p/n 113 906 283, for my 72 MT/FI
> Fastback, as the electrical contacts have broken off on mine.  Anyone
> with FI parts lying around and want to sell me one of these?  This
> part is approx 1.5" diameter, with 2 electrical connectors and 2 vac
> hose connectors.

I don't think I have one of those '72-only parts here, but my advise
would be to leave it out of the circuit. On FI '72s that valve served
to allow the vacuum advance to work only in top gear (4th for MT, 3rd
for AT.) On my FI MT '72 I ran the vacuum line directly from the
distributor to the Intake air distributor. It worked perfectly that
way.

In the lower gears you seldom get enough vacuum from that port to
activate the vacuum advance anyway, so that valve is part of a pretty
pointless system.

If you really want one, I'll look thru my stuff more carefully or
Dennis might have one from one of his '72 engines. Nevertheless, I
think you're really better off without it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org