[T3] Crate stuff is back!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Oct 15 21:24:01 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/16/2012 12:05:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Keith's  complaining about losing a cardboard box. Unless he
specifically told them  to reuse that box, they would have no reason
to do anything other than  their standard practice. I understand that
it was a very nice box, but we  can't expect them to automatically
understand that unless they were  told.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I thought that "box" was something like
Russ had, which was fiberglass, and lockable. A really nice shipping box,
and  engine cases fit perfectly in it, without damage to the inside. My
mistake.

He's rebuilding a single port engine, so only 2 sizes of studs. That's why
I asked, uppers, or lowers.

And yes, when RIMCO did my case, they just lightly skim cut the cylinder
bases, mainly just to lightly clean them up, but also flush up the case
inserts.  I don't think they took too much off. At least not enough to really
make that  much of a difference (to have to reset the valve train).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)