[T3] new video up date

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 18:27:01 PDT 2012

One of the useful cuts in a rusty later Type 3 is the front inner fender
forward of the reinforcing panel on the outside where they always seem to
rust out.
 Those square pressings are the same in the forward section as the rusted
out ones, and I use the left side from the parts car to repair the right
side of the restoration car.  Maybe I need to point out that in the UK most
are lower spec trim and don't have the trunk liner sides or airbox covers.
However, you still want good metal behind there, even if you can disguise
the lack of proper shaping.

I like to join under the trunk seal to hide the weld, but you do have to
reshape the upper edge to flatten the top curvature as the panel lip is more
curved.

The bottom is a matter of beating to what is needed.  The old metal shapes
well.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club