[T3] Windshield in

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 18:05:48 PDT 2012

Close - the bonnet is the front cover, so really it's the same as the hood -
usually covers the engine of course, but we know better.

I suppose the trunk was really the box we had on the back for the luggage in
the 20s/30s.  When it's part of the car we call it the 'boot'.

So, it's bonnet and boot in the UK.  "Pop the hood" means "release the
bonnet".  I suppose hood and bonnet are similar ideas anyway - both
headgear.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club