[T3] Tires

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Oct 27 19:21:53 PDT 2012

In June 2010 I bought 4, steel belt radial, black wall, T speed rated
(118 mph), 165/80R15 tire from a local dealer.  They are listed as Classic
All Season CPT08 tires.  They are distributed/manufactured by
http://www.tbcprivatebrands.com/ now owned by the largest subsidiary of
Sumitomo Corporation (SC).

Mounted, spin balanced, new stems pulled in, installed for $75.00 each in
2010.  This year I bought a spare; same everything ... now $99.32.

The dealer says the 165/80R15 Michelin molds were bought by Coker Tire.  But
they don't build the black wall 165's ... yet.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)
These are around $85 whatever they are.  Can't tell exactly the bill is in
my office at school.  I'm sure they are rated much higher than I would ever
take Clementine up to since the drag racers use them.
Coker tires in Chattanooga TN is only about 65 miles from us so that may be
where they come from.

Dennis