[T3] Two Parts Cars....

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Oct 31 14:02:17 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/30/2012 10:56:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
markw at wolfenet.org writes:

Ok, I  can speak from experience here.  If you do _ANYTHING_ with your
stuff, organize it.   After dealing with my dad's parts  collection, all
my stuff is getting tagged/labeled.   I've built  shelves in my garage
and have those semi-clear storage containers with  labels on them.   If
you're not going to use it, sell it.   If it's not worth selling, get
scrap price out of it.  I'm not quite  to what my buddy does, he puts
stuff in a box and dates the last time he  opened it.  If it sits for
more than a year, he tosses it without  opening it.  My dad was in the
processes of organizing his stuff, and  you could tell some stuff was
labeled but he had so much it was  overwhelming.  If you start now with
small collection of parts, it  won't grow into an unmanageable large
collection of  parts.

Mark
Agreed. After helping your dad start organizing the shop, I can see how it
can quickly get out of hand. However, when Sue and I started, there was a
ton of  stuff out there, and none of it was anywhere close to being
organized. In  fact, after helping him, I started moving more of my own stuff around,
and using  some of it up, rather than see it rust in piece(s). I haven't
quite gotten to be  like your buddy, but I try to get rid of stuff I haven't
used in a few years  every now and then. I mainly do that, as I seem to
continue to collect stuff. I  guess that's why I have the rafters full of stuff,
along with 3 sheds worth of  parts. I've actually been trying to separate
the VW parts from all of the GM  parts I have out in the buildings. That's
been a challenge though. At least I've  been separating the T-34 parts as I
went along, and have most of the unused  parts boxed up.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)