[T3] What Next?

matthew n stanfield vw70t3 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 15:54:42 PDT 2012

I tore the engine of my 1970 Fastback down and reassembled it about four years ago and have not been able to get it to start since. It had been running for a couple of months prior to tearing the engine down after it took me 10 years to get it running the last time. Anyways, i 'recently' sent the fuel pump to Jim Adney to be rebuilt as it was leaking around the plug. I took the time today to finally get the fuel pump back on the car and tried to get the car to start again.

It seems so close to starting. It fires and will sometimes run for a few seconds on it's own, but that is it. I checked and rechecked the distributor orientation and checked the valve adjustment. Beyond that i have no idea where to go from here.

Any suggestions on what the next step should would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

matthew Stanfield
1970 VWfastBack
mansfield, OHio