[T3] Two Parts Cars....

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 18:01:22 PDT 2012

I have two kind of rough around the edges T-IIIs in the yard that will have to go one fine day.   Engines gone. One's 71, the other 73.   Std trans in the 73 still there....plus front and rear axle/suspension assemblies.  I may one day need parts from them.
 There's the windows.  How many back-up spares may I ever need? Fenders and doors too..

I'd like to drag the hulks out some day, but keep whatever is hard to get, or usable.  My 71 is, essentially, a nicely-running (at last) Frankenstein (in the best sense) made of parts of all three cars, PLUS pieces of past cars. Lot's of pieces ...headlights, lenses, heater boxes, steering wheels, r-view mirrors, wing vent windows, inner door panels, drive shafts, shifters, heads, you name it....live in basement.  Plus bulbs and gaskets and nuts and bolts etc galore. Plus half a dozen or so brain boxes and a box of random wires and plugs and temp sensors and etc.   Plus clutch stuff and throw-out bearings.  I even have seatbelts because, until my personal "safety" got to be required by law, first thing I did when getting a "new" car was to remove the belts.

I also have a bunch of chrome stuff for doors and sides. Condition "fair". And some "VW" logo things...the ones I didn't modify into the shape of an "X" by careful grinding out of the two side wings on the "W".  That way, parking authorities might be stumped about what kind of car it is...as they were for years....because they didn't check logo on the hub caps.   I also have about two or three milk cartons of hub caps.

I have no back-up muffler though....and I don't think I have a spare leak-less oil sensor. Fingers crossed that the on-dash wiper switch lasts forever.

  I'm not all ready to get into selling it all and going nuts on e-bay or something....and shipping and packaging and guessing prices, etc.   But...this is just to see what the list thinks about this.   I'm in Philadelphia, if that helps re/ checking things out and all.
What do people do with their collections?

  .