[T3] Frozen drum

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Sun Sep 2 11:56:14 PDT 2012

So the Drum will not come loose from the backing plate? I had a VW Bus drop in on it's world tour the other night for an emergency repair. We had a heck of a time getting the rear hub off as it was rusted. Used heat, then extreme cold, PB Blaster and an air chisel with a blunt tip. We got it in about an hour. In two hours they were on their way to arrive at Monument Valley by sunrise.

Just keep applying PB blaster to the area between the drum and backing plate where the wheel lugs where.

When I in the rust belt I would coat these surfaces with the thinnest layer of anti seize. Just enough to protect the mating surfaces; but not so much it would bleed on to other parts and cause safety issues. It really helped.

Brion S.

S. Utah