[T3] 72 Fastback engine

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Sep 11 20:02:46 PDT 2012

That looks great!

One thing though, Id use just about any muffler BUT the Monza, its like
putting a Bananna in the tailpipe, they don't flow properly.  The aluminum
hoses from the rear fan housing to the lower heater boxes need to be done
with something else too... I had them on the Notch and they would tear and
break every thousand miles or so and when they do, they allow the air from
the fan to just dump out, resulting in less cooling to the engine than if
they had the restriction thru the heater box.

I welded a couple elbows together and used a stock type rubber bushing on
mine, I can send you a photo if you want or just try and find a flex hose
that has some durability to it, rather than the thin aluminum ones.

Nice to see it all back together, cant wait to see the body in paint!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"