[T3] could have been worse

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 14 21:56:37 PDT 2012

On 14 Sep 2012 at 20:49, vsnofjohana at hotmail.com wrote:

> looks like the corner of my inner fan housing cracked and the stud
> that holds the generator strap is useless. Anyone have a extra inner
> fan housing for a 73 t3 laying around? I thought i would start here
> first.

That's what happens if you overtighten the strap. It only needs to be
snug.

You need any 12 V fan housing, but I'd replace them as a pair,
because they may be mated in pairs. I'll have to look to see if VW
sold them separately.

Replacing them is a pretty big job. It can be done in the car, and
without removing the muffler, but just barely.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org