[T3] Generator ... Again

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:43:02 PDT 2012

I know it is original, as I know the history from the second owner who had it since September 1971. It has all the factory crimps and original wiring.

Is June '68 production just U.S.? Might be a difference. Dave Hall, do you know anything?

Thank you,
Adriel

Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

On 19 Sep 2012 at 6:57, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> Adney, then why does my August 1970 have the push on from the factory?

I'm sure it didn't come that way from the factory. All Bosch
production changed to the threaded stud construction by June of '68.
Yours has been replaced. Many rebuilders supplied both versions under
the same exchange number, so you didn't get any choice when you
ordered a replacement.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org