[T3] Mystery Wires

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 06:58:32 PDT 2012

In a message dated 9/19/2012 9:22:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

Some of  you guys may not approve how I am putting on this harness but I do
it this  way sometimes with FI and engine management systems on modern cars
and it  works out ok.  Since we had the FI harness off for the paint job  I
decided to install it on the engine before we install the it in the car
then
slip the part of the harness that plugs up to the ECU through the hole  that
goes in the part where the brain is mounted.  Everything has  hooked up ok
but I have 4 mystery wires I'm not sure where they go.  I  think one goes to
the temperature sensor in the left head but not sure on  that.  The numbers
on these wires are faded out except for one and it  has the number 18 on it.
Two of these wires come out behind the generator  the other two comes out
close to the wire that goes to the pressure  sensor.  I have tried to take
the DVOM and see where they come out on  the terminal that plugs into the
ECU.  No reading at all for the two  behind the generator and the other two
one has no reading and the one that  has 18 on it seems to be tied into the
wire that goes to the thermo switch  according to the DVOM.  If I'm not
making any sense I can take either  some still photos of this location or do
a you tube video and link it here  and try that. We are so close to getting
it in and hearing it run but so  far away still it seems. I guess I'm having
a little trouble with this  because as some of you all know this FI system
came off a parts car of the  same year as this car which has not been
running
FI since 1984. This has  definitely been like putting to gather a jig saw
puzzle that I didn't see  where some of the pieces where to start with.
Sorry
for the long  post.

Dennis, you might try and see IF these other wires are all grounds, that
don't go to the ECU. Meaning they just go to different components that are
grounded (like the injectors, or trigger points).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)