[T3] Door Chime

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 03:54:55 PDT 2012

If you do want to put a warning that side-lights (parking lights) are still
on, it's easy to wire in a buzzer - just take power from the side-light
circuit and run through the buzzer to the door switch.

Any time the door opens and the lights are on (even in later models where
the headlights go out without the ignition on) the buzzer will sound when
the door is also open.  You don't need any components for that.

If you want to leave side-lights on for any reason, just shut the door to
stop the buzzer.

I don't know if the bing-bong noise is worked differently, but I doubt it.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club