[T3] Fender Exchange

Robert Rogers rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com
Mon Sep 24 11:16:18 PDT 2012

Well I’m having second thoughts about placing ’71 rear fenders on my ’69 Fastback.  The only reason I contemplated doing it was because the ’69 has vents that have been pop riveted to the fender. In talking to some, I discovered that there was an aftermarket replacement for the vents.  Apparently there was a need to reverse the direction of the vents to face forward and thus capture additional air.  In any case, if I retain the original fenders, I will remove the vents and replace the rubber gaskets.  I suspect that most VW enthusiasts would prefer the original small tail lights.