[T3] Generator ... Again

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Sep 25 20:41:24 PDT 2012

On 25 Sep 2012 at 23:09, Keith Park wrote:

> With the high side toward the spring (I think that's the way you told me)
> The Brushes I got from ISP, which were Bosch for the T3 had the ramp going
> this way too, as well as what were probably the original brushes in the
> generator I used as a core for the spare I keep.

Okay, good. We're in agreement. Bosch has it wrong. High side toward
the spring; ramp goes down toward the pigtail. The good news is that
the Bosch brushes we need are 11-008, which are the ones they sell
for Beetles, so they should be available forever. They won't work
well for Beetles, but Type 3s will be in great shape.

This may partly explain why alternator conversions are so popular for
Beetles.

I'm declaring Max's generator finished.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org