[T3] Generator ... again

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:39:35 PDT 2012

Since I didn't get a response about my question about the "ramp",
I think I finally ferreted out the answer by reading multitude posts.
I was envisioning the "ramp" of the brush as being the point at which
it contacts the commutator.
But now I assume the "ramp" is on the end of the brush, furthest AWAY
from the commentator.

I now believe the "ramp", that everyone keeps talking about is:
The angled portion in the center of the top of the brush, where the
spring pushes the brush down on the commutator and is the where the
spring is supposed to seat.  That "ramp" is AWAY from the anchor point
of the brush spring.

Correct?

The orientation (correct or incorrect direction which the brush faces)
is determined by the "pigtail wire" and how it fits into the slot of
the brush holder.

Also correct?

Geez ... I've still got a lot to learn
1)  about my car
2)  what you experienced guys believe that everyone understands,
3)  is common knowledge and
4)  every list member knows.

... but  like Satchel Paige said:
"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

I'll keep looking forward.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)