[T3] Muffler choices - was 72 Fastback engine

Chris Slaymaker nurofiz at knology.net
Tue Sep 18 17:03:58 PDT 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:22:42, Keith Park wrote

The Over the top is better but its known as the "Bellows Burner" for cooking
your bellows, the Stock is the only real GOOD choice, just keep your eye
open for one.

I bought one of these over-the-top mufflers for Foster a few years ago, since the SCAT header that it came with was rusting out.

It is manufactured by Tri-Mil and I had no trouble mounting it up, something you don't see often in aftermarket parts.  It has held up well and it appears that will continue to last a good while.

I have been watching the bellows for any sign of melting or even getting hot.  Nothing.  I see (feel) no problem at all.

Tell me your experiences with this exhaust system.  Anyone on the list?

Chris Slaymaker
1971 Westfalia "Lurch"
1971 Squareback "Foster"
Knoxville, TN