[T3] no fuel spray at injectors

Ken Main Mail kensue356 at cableone.net
Mon Apr 15 09:16:27 PDT 2013

I have a  FI 71 T3 1775 cc automatic, freshly rebuilt engine zero miles. The
second rebuild.  IT WON'T START..  My former mechanic, well let's not go
there, knows nothing on FI.  I have  the car home since September.

After the first rebuild the motor blew up with less than 1000 miles on it.
It was running too lean and burned pistons 1 and 3.

After the second rebuild it won't start.

Currently:

            No smell of fuel anywhere.

            When I spray starting fluid in the motor, the car starts but
then quits when the fluid is spent.

I have 30 psi of fuel going to the injectors.

I have good spark at spark plugs.

            The relays work.  I hear the fuel pump come on and get pressure
and go off.  When the fuel pump comes on,  I hear a  very high whining
pitch, getting higher and higher until the noise  stops at the fuel pressure
regulator adjust .

Does anybody have any ideas where I should go next?  I think it's  got to be
electrical not letting the injectors spray fuel. The new fuel injectors  are
not pulsing on and off.  I have the correct distributor from Jim Adney.  I
tried turning the distributor back and forth while cranking motor to get the
triggers to spark, but nothing happened.

I bought many extra parts for the injection but haven't put them on yet.

I have not been able to start the car since September when I brought the car
home after the second rebuild. Wife's car.  Please help.  Thanks.

Kenny Rogers