[T3] oo oo that smell

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Aug 4 19:42:30 PDT 2013

On 4 Aug 2013 at 16:38, Chris Sheridan wrote:

>  Do you play your radio loud? That can keep you from noticing lots of
> things.

> I´ve have an 8-track but I never hooked it up so there is no music in the
> car.

That was actually mostly a joke, but I should have put in a smiley.
;-)

> I've never seen a black Bosch VR. All the black ones I've seen were
> aftermarket and lasted only a year or so, so this is consistent with
> your experience.

> My mistake - it´s actually silver. I´ve included a couple of photos

Okay, Bosch are silver, so if it's really Bosch, it should still be
okay. I suppose the pulley problem could have been caused by the
bolts coming loose, although I'd expect that to make the belt loose.

> https://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&authuser=0#folders/0B-9QLEx0LIuOTmJ5emhYNHZHbk0

Didn't work for me. Asked me to log in, but that's okay, I know what
you've got.

> *I got the pulley off, looking at removing the fan now...*

Next is the rear fan housing half. If that's off, the fan may slide
off, but it may also require a puller that attaches to the hub with
two long M8 x 1.25 bolts.

After that, it's all easy. Just don't take any short cuts; you don't
want to do this again in 6 months.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org