[T3] cylinder head breather ports on a 1972 Squareback

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 5 19:59:49 PDT 2013

On 5 Aug 2013 at 9:01, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> Then why does a set of type 3 G heads not have the ports?

Either they do, or there is a service bulletin describing how they
need to be added for '72-3 Type 3s. I've seen late replacement heads
that have the boss there, where they can be drilled for the tubes to
be pressed in to make the ports. RIMCO once told me they could
install the tubes there if I wanted them.

(The port consists of a short steel tube pressed into the head
casting. That tube sticks out and the end of the rubber hose slides
over it.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org