[T3] Breather Box

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Aug 11 14:43:19 PDT 2013

On 11 Aug 2013 at 20:24, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Jim, When I removed the 72 breather box it had a cup with a ole and a
> washer over the gland nut. Do these need to be in the earlier one I
> got from you?

Yes, reuse those. There should also have been a spring on top of the
washer. Is yours gone? I've made up replacements if you need one, but
they often got removed if the plastic plug got removed too many times
and got loose enough that the spring kept popping it off.

> Also how much for the stand that the breather box attaches to? I am
> using the one I have for now but it will need replacing as its
> cracked, you can only see it with the breather box removed, I sealed
> it up for now but come rebuild time, whenever that is, I will need to
> replace it.

I can sell you a good used breather stand for $25, including
shipping. Too bad you didn't know about this before, because it could
have shipped for free with the earlier stuff. It's a bit of work to
replace: I think you have to pull the fan off to remove the 2 small
screws that mount the fan housing to it. If you don't have to pull
the fan, you at least have to remove the pulley and the rear half of
the fan housing.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org