[T3] Air shocks

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Aug 21 19:35:24 PDT 2013

I had one of my Gabriels start leaking after towing the boat home last
month, so I looked into new ones.
The Gabriels that I got went obsolete 10 years ago but they have come out
again with a new part number:
49307 and they arrived today.  They are exactly the same as the old ones
from what I can tell only they are black instead of white.

Nice to see something obsolete finally come back on the market again!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"
65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
87 golf "Winterat"
93 RX7 "Redstur"

I thought about putting air shocks on the back of Clementine as her tail end
was starting to sag from worn torsion bars.  But after we got the parts car
we got the ones out it.  The squareback ones make her sit good in the back
and didn't seem to stiffen up the ride much.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback MT FI
Rainsville, AL