[T3] Tie Rod Removal...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Aug 22 19:48:45 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/22/2013 8:01:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
j_jonik at yahoo.com writes:

But, the rod end on the inside, attached at the steering linkage  metal,
doesn't want to come out of its hole.  There isn't enough room to  give it a
good whack with a hammer.   It's that end that's worn and  wobbly.

Are there tricks to do this without removing the gas  tank?

I use a pickle fork on that one. For the others, I use a tie rod  separator
tool. Like Dave, I've had mine for over 15 years, and paid something  like
10 bucks for it.  Since it's worn out and wobbly, destroying it  won't hurt
a bit, as they're not rebuildable. A good auto parts place like Car  Quest,
or NAPA should have what you need.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction