[T3] Transition Time (was RE: Brake Lights)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Aug 25 20:53:57 PDT 2013

On 25 Aug 2013 at 20:17, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> Adney, are you saying your switches are fine? If so, where are they made? If
> not in China, be interested.

The only choices I know of today are Brazilian and Chinese at
reasonable prices and German at extreme prices. I don't know if the
German ones are up to the same standard that they were when our cars
were made, because I've never tried to buy them. They cost 4x what
the others cost.

The ones I have are Chinese and seem to be of okay quality. They are
wired correctly.

> May I suggest to be more scientific? ;p First off, there is a problem with
> one or both switches that were replaced, as EVERYTHING worked fine before
> putting in the new switches. Further, there was NO modifications done to the
> wiring. I might have changed after the fact, but that was too long ago...

If you bought Meyle switches during the year when they were
improperly made, that would explain your problem. If you buy new ones
today they will work correctly, assuming you have not changed the
wiring in an attempt to make things work correctly with incorrect
switches.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org