[T3] Rough running 71

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Aug 27 20:20:14 PDT 2013

On 27 Aug 2013 at 22:32, Keith Park wrote:

> Well, some days are better than others but the C/D Djet version has always
> had an issue with light throttle around 1900 RPM but my 71 is slowly getting
> worse around there, its missing under light throttle from about 1800 to 2500
> these days, getting better with higher RPM but at around 2000 its getting
> pretty bad.

Other things to check:

Charging system regulating voltage

Send me your trigger points to be reset, unless I've already rebuilt
your distributor in the last few years.

Unplug the TVS and drive it that way. See if that gets rid of this
problem (ignore, for the moment, other problems that you may notice.)
If that makes this problem go away, clean the TVS contacts, but you
may have to replace the TVS. I can send you my TVS testing and
adjustment instructions if you want them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org