[T3] Injector centering bushing

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Aug 31 18:00:03 PDT 2013

On 31 Aug 2013 at 16:36, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> Anyone have a part number for the rubber centering bushing? Is this
> something i can pick up at an auto store?

The same rubber bushings were used for all D-jet cars, as well as the
L-jet cars. Many FLAPS can get them for you, but I have them all,
including the large Type 3 specific plastic double-hole holders for
the injector pairs that are often broken.

Leaky injector hoses get gas on the rubber bushings, which then swell
and break the plastic holders. If you set swollen rubber bushings
aside, they will dry out in a few months, shrink back to size and
become reusable, so you should keep them as spares.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org