[T3] J16 relay ????

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Fri Aug 9 21:22:24 PDT 2013

OK I probably wired something wrong but I am using the existing (J16 (Power supply relay for fuel injection) in my Megasquirt  conversion. I left most the wiring the same except for the ones that used to go to J21. I know my setup is not stock but is there a reason that this relay would not turn off after the engine is started and then the key is turned off? IT functions correctly as long as the engine is not running.  Or did I miss understand what this really was used for in its original setup?

As I sit here and look at the Bentley wire diagram for the 72 model year as I write this I am starting to think that I misunderstood the purpose of this relay.  Or have I mixed up this and the rear window defogger relay? They were mounted next to one another and I had to sort out things from a hacked system. J9 should have been the rear window defogger correct? Hmmm. I will verify the part number on the one that I am using in the morning.

And no, I can't not have the engine running for those of you who feel the urge to make a smart comment ;-)

Thanks all,
Daniel Du Vall
http://1peter4-10.org
http://volkswageninsanity.us