[T3] Brake Light Switch wiring harnesses, '70-73

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Aug 31 19:54:04 PDT 2013

With all the master cylinder rebuilds I do, it's fairly common for me
to encounter a '68-9 car that has, or needs, a late MC but lacks the
proper wiring to make it all work correctly. What those cars need is
one of the short brake light switch wiring harnesses from a '70-3
car. Except for snaking the harness thru one tight space, this is a
simple parts swap.

The harness I'm talking about runs from the MC, up thru a space next
to the LR corner of the gas tank, and then connects, right there, to
a 3 conductor connector. So that harness is only about 4' long.

I supply them to people who need them, but I'm currently out. If
anyone has a junker that they'd be willing to take that part from,
I'll buy it. If you know where you can get more than one, that would
be GREAT, because the biggest problem is just putting it in a box and
shipping it. I'll be happy to pay shipping and a little more, but
please don't see this as a money-making opportunity, as I don't sell
them for much, so I can't afford to pay much for them.

The absolute best news would come from someone who knew where there
were still 4-6 of these cars in a junkyard and would be willing to
pull them next time they were out there looking for something for
themselves.

Let me know if you have some. thanks!