[T3] Huf Ignition Key & Cylinder

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Wed Aug 21 17:23:01 PDT 2013

On Aug 21, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/21/2013 1:09:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:
>
>> Using two different keys is kinda unhandy, isn't it?
>> I  wouldn't like to have to do that.
>
> Well, the car was originally a 2 key car. VW did that up thru 65.

Actually, the one-key T3 didn't come along until 1967.  It's not that big of a deal having two separate keys.  Suppose you have a Squareback and the engine is running, and you want to open the locked rear hatch real quick to stuff something in it.  A separate key lets you do that without having to turn off the engine!

...Yeah, it's overall more of a hassle than an advantage, but hey, that's the price you pay for staying stock.  I just keep trying to convince myself that it's an actual advantage.

Søren