[T3] Items to keep on hand in a 72 FI Squareback

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 19:16:40 PST 2013

In a message dated 12/12/2013 11:56:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
trongey at sbcglobal.net writes:

- 10mm & 13mm combination wrenches + a small set of sockets  & ratchet
- screwdrivers
- pliers
- the little U-shaped hub cap  puller
- OEM lug/sparkplug tool
- long extension bar for the ratchet  (very handy lever for pulling hubcaps
with the U-shaped puller; also works  well with the OEM lug tool)
- 4-way lug wrench
- scissor jack
-  folding wheel chocks
- jack stand; I never reach under a car that's on a  jack
- Yes, I have an extinguisher.
- quart of ATF (if applicable)
-  long-nosed funnel to reach the AT filler
- a combination wrench that fits  the generator pulley
- mechanic's gloves
- rags
- scissors
- a 12"  piece of 2x4; there are just so many times that it comes in handy
-  fix-a-flat
- cheap rain poncho

Things Under the Back  Seat:
- spare distributor cap (just because I happen to have one and it's  small)
- spare voltage regulator (ever since the day the points welded shut  on
mine and I happened to have one for another project in the car)
- bits  of wire and miscellaneous connectors (including the tiny ones that
fit the  FI), wire crimper
- jumper wires with alligator clips

I've  used every item in this list except the fire extinquisher at least
once.

I know a lot of VW drivers also carry a spare  throttle cable.

Are you sure your name isn't Keith Park?? I think he carries all of that
on an Invasion, and then some. :O

Note:I do think it's a good start. : )

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction