[T3] WTB Type 3 Automatic Transmission

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 16:39:01 PST 2013

What do you think of having the broken part welded back on?

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/

 Subject: [T3] WTB Type 3 Automatic Transmission
 To: "type3 at vwtype3.org" <type3 at vwtype3.org>
 Date: Monday, December 16, 2013, 7:45 AM

 Just going to put a feeler out for
 anyone in the Colorado Springs / Denver area that might have
 a type 3 auto available. I have used all of my sources and
 came up dry. I have called people in denver, pueblo,
 boulder..........the list goes on.

 I am also looking in the Amarillo / Texas Panhandle area. I
 have a family in that area that can pick one up if found.

 I know of 5 units locally, but I am trying to find something
 other than these. I also had a lead on one that didn't work
 out. It ended up being one of the early units with the 5
 bolts around the output shafts.

 At this point I would even consider a differential to mate
 to my current auto unit. I know you are not supposed to do
 that, but I am running out of leads.

 I have another unit that I can get for a great price, but it
 is a 300+ mile round trip and he knows nothing about the
 unit and cannot send me pictures. So I am taking a chance on
 that one being the wrong unit / being in horrible shape.

 Note to self; do not ever break your automatic transmission
 in the future.

 Adam