[T3] I miss my Aircooleds in the winter!

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 22 12:06:46 PST 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Master's Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:45:37 -0600
> Subject: Re: [T3] I miss my Aircooleds in the winter!
>
> On 22 Dec 2013 at 12:36, Keith Park wrote:
>
>> I WAS going to plug the hole with epoxy, but the temp changes from -10F
>> to 220F would break the bond between the epoxy and the metal eventually
>> and its not likely to seal
>
> There are flexible forms of epoxy that would be much stronger than
> RTV, and yet plenty flexible enough to handle any amount of
> differential expansion. I can get some in little packets if you're
> interested. It's good stuff.

I am not home, so can't get the name, but my local F.L.A.P.S. sold me a product that can be used for coolant leaks. Comes in a small tube and is like putty.

If it were me, I see about first sealing, then finding another block/engine. Too bad the Invasion isn't closer in the Southwest. Give you a lot of options. ;p

Hope this helps and thank you,
Adriel