[T3] Fuel filler hose?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Dec 25 17:15:22 PST 2013

On 24 Dec 2013 at 13:42, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I need one too.  Every time I fill up a little gas leaks in the frunk just
> enough to stink up everything.  It has dry rotted from all those years from
> sitting up.

Although Max's problem is different, the more common problem is just
that the OE sealing rings are deteoriated, displaced, torn, or
missing. The solution is almost always to take a couple of hours to
install new ones. If you can find new ones, they should be fairly
cheap.

PS: Short sections of the right diameter inner tube will look right,
but the  rubber compound is completely wrong for dealing with
gasoline. Don't try this as a shortcut.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org