[T3] Tight exhaust valves

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Dec 27 07:35:45 PST 2013

In a message dated 12/27/2013 10:15:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jacob.schroeder at gmail.com writes:

My thermostat is not installed, but what I did was remove the flaps  from
the fan housing.  Although not stock, this should not  pose  an overheating
problem, right?

While it won't cause an overheating issue, it does delay warm up. That
delay can cause extra wear on the cylinders and engine rings, as the engine
WILL run richer longer until it finally gets up to engine temp (operating
temperature). This accelerates wear.

I can't help you on the timing issue, as I've never delt with a 72 only
set up. Dave Pallo is the 72 guy to talk to here, as that's what he owns. He
probably has a specific way to go about it, and could tell you if the
symptoms  you're having are normal. But, replacing the small diameter hoses
couldn't  hurt, especially if they're as old as you think they are. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction