[T3] Type 3 VS Type 4 Final Drive

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 13:11:15 PST 2013

Crew,

It looks like my search for a auto transmission is drawing to a close. I have a couple of questions while I wait for pictures.

What I ran into is a person who will ship me a 003 automatic that he used in his type 4. Are the type 3 and 4 final drives the same? He seemed to think that they were. I have no idea.

I will have some pictures to throw links up to sometime this week. I am just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

If you guys will remember, I was only needing a differential (final drive). He said that he would send me what he has as far as an automatic unit, differential and a new torque converter. Here's hoping for the best when the pictures come.

Adam