[T3] WTB Type 3 Automatic Transmission

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 06:45:12 PST 2013

Just going to put a feeler out for anyone in the Colorado Springs / Denver area that might have a type 3 auto available. I have used all of my sources and came up dry. I have called people in denver, pueblo, boulder..........the list goes on.

I am also looking in the Amarillo / Texas Panhandle area. I have a family in that area that can pick one up if found.

I know of 5 units locally, but I am trying to find something other than these. I also had a lead on one that didn't work out. It ended up being one of the early units with the 5 bolts around the output shafts.

At this point I would even consider a differential to mate to my current auto unit. I know you are not supposed to do that, but I am running out of leads.

I have another unit that I can get for a great price, but it is a 300+ mile round trip and he knows nothing about the unit and cannot send me pictures. So I am taking a chance on that one being the wrong unit / being in horrible shape.

Note to self; do not ever break your automatic transmission in the future.

Adam