[T3] Gel batteries

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 17:28:19 PST 2013

Actually, Gel is a step backward.
If your running a sandrail or off road, it's the only way to go
But for longevity and reliability today's lead acid batteries
FROM REPUTABLE COMPANIES have never been better.

I never get less than 10 years from one, be it on my generator cars or
The alternator cars, and they never leak (IF you don't overtighten
Or twist the posts and break the seal)

I use interstate exclusively, the one in my winter car is about to
Celebrate its 12th birthday, but ive heard good things from Delco batteries
too.  The Gel cells will never last that long, most not even half that at
twice the cost.  Interstate 6V batteries are an older design, they seem to
hold up pretty well but may not last the 12 years the 12V ones seem to.
As with any lead acid though, you need to keep the water up to level and
check it once a year or so.

The cheap wal-mart etc. lead acid batteries are junk though....

My 2 cents.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com