[T3] D-Jet /L-Jet

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 13 14:57:08 PST 2013

On 13 Feb 2013 at 14:26, Greg Merritt wrote:

> D-Jet fires half of the injectors at a time, iirc, as controlled by the
> dual trigger points...whether 4 cylinder, 6, or 8.

I think D-jet actually just does 2 at a time. I don't believe there
were ANY 6 cyl D-jet systems, and the only 8s that I know of were for
Mercedes. The Mercedes systems came with double trigger points (4
contact pairs) so I'm guessing that they fired at 4 different times.
The Mercedes trigger points look like a 2 story version of ours: one
pair stacked on top of another.

If there were actually some 6 cyl D-jet systems, I'd love to hear
about them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org