[T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:23:25 PST 2013

John ... you are correct on U-Haul trailers.

Several decisions came into play for me.
1)  Adding the weight of that dual-axle trailer to my 28,500 lb. motor
home was a concern.  Even though it had surge brakes.
2)  The cost of one round trip U-Haul trailer rental was more costly
than two one-ways.  Go figure.  And a the end all I had was a "rental
bill".
3)  Storing the trailer was a concern.  Not huge .. but a concern.
4)  A tow dolly was NOT an option.  We did the tow dolly with a front
wheel drive Oldsmobile 88 for 2 years.  A PITA.  Dirty.  Checking the
straps and ratchets every few hundred miles.  Storing and locking up
the dolly "on the road" & when we arrived at destinations.  Two more
tires to keep inflated.  Wider than the tow vehicle.  Almost every
full time motor homer, tows 4 wheels down.
5)  Building a suitable, bolt-on Base Plate for my Type 3 and using my
existing Blue Ox Tow Bar meant when all was said and done ... I ended
up with a dependable & safe way to tow my Type 3 with a detachable
base plate that didn't alter my (mostly) stock Squareback.  And the
base plate will fit any Type 3.  It may even have some resale value.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)